Tuesday, March 1, 2011

God is Already Moving...













Jenni and Carin

God is already moving on our El Salvador team, and our journey has just begun! We are taking the largest All Blessings outreach team overseas to date, and I am so excited about the incredible people that God has placed on our team!

One of my close friends, Carin Wasson, is part of our team and she recently experienced God's provision for her fundraising. I have known Carin for over 15 years. We served together on staff at Mariners Church many years ago and are now both part of The Village Church of Irvine. Carin's husband has been unemployed for two years, and by faith, Carin and their two daughters have followed God's call to serve the children in El Salvador this summer. Here is part of her story....

"God has been providing for us on this trip since we sent our first email asking for support!

We needed $300 to hold our flights and had two weeks to raise the funds. I put together a fundraising letter, prayed over it, had it approved and pressed 'send' on my email button! After just a few days of sending the email, we received our first donation of $200. A few days later, a friend handed me a check for $50.

Jenni told us that we only had a few days left to pay the balance for our flights, and we prayed for God's provision again. Because of our tight budget, I had chosen not to mail support letters (and emailed letters instead). As you know, stamps and copies are expensive! However, Jenni encouraged us to mail the letters and trust God for the stamps and necessary funds. In faith, we made the copies and started to separate the envelopes into groups of people.

At my CBS leaders meeting, I asked permission to hand the letters out to the leaders, my group and other friends in the class. I was frustrated because stamps are so expensive (did I mention my husband has been out of full time work for
almost 2 years?) and it was less expensive to hand them out. They told me that I could not hand out letters (because of a CBS policy). But a friend heard me ask about it and responded, "Do you need stamps? How many?" I laughed and said, "140!" She replied, "I will get them for you! While I was ordering stamps online, I accidentally hit the wrong button and ended up with 400, so I have some to spare. Please let me donate them to you for your trip!" I was overjoyed and thankful at God's provision!!!

The next day I had lunch with a dear friend. I began to pull out her envelope
with our support letter and she said, "I already donated! Your check is in the mail!" WOW! That was Friday, the deadline for our money to hold the flights! I got a text later that day from Jenni that said, "You received a check today and have even more than you need for the airline deposit!" As I was finishing lunch, the friend from CBS stopped by and gave me the stamps! So after lunch I drove to the post office, put all 140 stamps on the envelopes and sent the rest in the mail! God is GOOD! I am so thankful!" - Carin Wasson

No comments:

Post a Comment