Thursday, March 31, 2011

Stephanie and Stephen

I am so blessed to do what I do... I truly love my life! I love being around people who are passionate for orphans and sacrifice their time, energy, talents and resources to travel and serve the least of these. Stephen and Stephanie are my kind of heroes. Last summer they traveled with our team to El Salvador. They made some significant sacrifices in raising support and using personal funds to help pay for gifts for the orphans. They both had life changing trips and are returning again this summer to see the children that captured their hearts so deeply.

Since our trip, Stephanie and I have tried to meet every two weeks to encourage one another. We are reading through David Platt's book, "Radical" and sharing our growing passion and burden for orphans. Today we had lunch together and Stephanie handed me her support letter to review for the July trip. I nearly wept as I read the words on the page. I am blown away by how God is working in Stephanie and Stephens' lives. And I love that I get to be a part of it! They are both so passionate about El Salvador and passionate about serving God's people there. I was so impacted by their letter that I chose to post it here. I hope it encourages you as it did me.

I was also touched by the fact that Stephen chose to spend his sixteenth birthday at our team meeting last Sunday night. His mom took him to a special dinner and they were planning to see a movie after dinner. That afternoon Stephen told Stephanie that he would rather spend his birthday with our team than seeing a movie. We threw together a last minute surprise celebration to bless and honor Stephen. He is such a mature and godly young man, and I can't wait to see God's plans for his life unfold...

(Double click the image to make it larger)

No comments:

Post a Comment