Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Why We Do What We Do

Blog post written by Jenni Ramsey

Most of our team members fundraise for their trips costs.  Watching God provide supernaturally for the finances needed for each trip is one of my favorite parts of the trip experience and it's always faith building for every team member.  I also enjoy watching our team members write and send our their fundraising letters.  This week Danielle Straka, one of our returning students from Crean Lutheran High School, submitted her fundraising letter for my review.  I was so moved by her letter that I decided to share part of it here.  Our goal at His Hands His Feet is for the lives of our team members to be forever impacted by our trips.  Clearly, Danielle's life was radically changed and this is exactly why we do what we do...

"As many of you may know, last year I was blessed with the opportunity of going to serve the people of El Salvador on a mission trip. Although I did not know it at the time, going to El Salvador was the best decision I have made in my life thus far. Words cannot begin to describe what an amazing week it was. But I will try my best.

While we were there, we witnessed God working in incredible ways. One amazing experience took place when we hosted a quincenera for special needs orphans. Two sisters who had been living in different government orphanages for years were reunited for the night. While we organized the event, we had no clue that they were related, making the reunion even more special and clearly orchestrated by God. The sisters couldn’t stop hugging and loving on each other. It was a prefect model of the love that Jesus has for all of us.


This is just one example of the many ways we saw God’s love shine in El Salvador. Seeing all this first hand has definitely impacted me more than I could image. It has not only made me want to return this summer, but it has changed my outlook on the important things in life, as well as where I want to go for college and what I want to do for the rest of my life, which is serve in ways similar to what we did in El Salvador."


Please pray for Danielle as she serves with our team this summer and seeks the Lord for direction in her life.  I'm so honored to serve with students who are passionate about missions like Danielle!

No comments:

Post a Comment