Monday, June 27, 2016

An Artist Discovered

Blog post written by Larry May
Evansville, Indiana

I had the pleasure of meeting "Maria" today, a sweet, feisty lady at an adult special needs center.  I offered to paint her nails, and she reluctantly accepted.  As I was completing my "expert" services, she started trying to communicate something to me.  With the help of interpreter Myrna, we figured out that Maria wanted to provide to me some of her artistic services.  She painted an amazing picture of the cross and a heart on my arm, then proceeded to paint a beautiful floral picture on my daughter Diana's arm too!  Her only request was that we take plenty of pictures of the artist with her work.   




What a cool reminder that when we choose to serve others we often gain much more than we give!

No comments:

Post a Comment