Sunday, July 31, 2016

Gaining Perspective in the Rain

Blog post written by Aidan Ramsey (age 13)
McKinney, Texas


"Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.  For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you took Me in, I was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you looked after Me, I was in prison and you visited Me." - Matthew 25:34-36


Tonight we fed the homeless on the streets of El Salvador from the back of Kurt Ackermann's truck. On our way out to the streets it started to pour, but that didn't stop us.  As we approached the area where the homeless people sleep, the rain started to fall harder and harder.  At first we were screaming and complaining.  But as we realized that the homeless were sleeping in the rain, the complaining was silenced.   Every time we fed someone the team members understood the purpose of this trip more and more.  Feeding the community allowed us to show love to God's people and it felt really good to share to His love.  Once we got out of the truck at the mission house I realized that the misery of sitting in the rain was absolutely worth it because we got to feed His people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment