Friday, July 10, 2015

Quinceanera Reflections from a Salvadorian

Blog post written by Steve Portillo, Sus Hijos Administrator


What a week! This past week was a mix of chaos, happiness, tears, emotions, music, surprises, dresses, shoes, cake, dance... and the list goes on and on.

This was my second time organizing a quinceanera party with the His Hands His Feet/Young Women of Vision team from California, so I thought everything was going to be as smooth as it went last year. Not so fast.



But now let me tell you something: Right when I thought the details of the party were too overwhelming, God had it all. Right when I believed it wasn't going to work, God was in control. No need for me to stress or lose my mind over it. On Monday when the team visited the center with the majority of the girls attending to the party, CIPI, the director took the leaders aside and explained that they had had a turmoil last week due to the influence of some girls that were causing issues, and that day the situation was very tense among the girls.  Some of them were still in shock and were afraid that things were going to be bad again.  We were concerned about how this would affect the party.  



God had it all planned, and even those stressful details that were not expected, God took care of it. I know it because at the end His purpose was fulfilled. I saw how many girls were blessed with gorgeous dresses, beautiful shoes, treated as daughters of the King by a team of North-American missionaries (which were called "angels" at the beginning of the week), the way in which the team has demonstrated God's love for these young ladies is a memory that will last much longer than the jewelry they received, that is one of the biggest gifts they received. The day of the party these girls were blessed with a glimpse of what I think God has prepared for us in Heaven: a huge party in which happiness will be given to every single one of us in the presence of the Lord... and I am sure God is preparing these girls (and us) for that. Thank you Jesus for letting us do this on Earth with your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment